Islamabad Administration Launch Large-Scale Anti-Encroachment Operation in Noori Bagh

Islamabad: Authorities in Islamabad have launched a large scale crackdown on illegal constructions after violent clashes erupted during an anti-encroachment operation in the Noori Bagh area, located near the shrine of Bari Imam Shrine and behind the Prime Minister’s residence.

According to police officials, a case has been registered by Islamabad Police following a complaint filed by an officer of the Capital Development Authority (CDA). The case includes provisions related to anti-terrorism laws and names dozens of individuals, both identified and unidentified.

The incident occurred on Tuesday when CDA teams moved to remove what they described as незаконные constructions in the area. The operation triggered violent resistance, resulting in injuries to both government officials and local residents.

Police confirmed that dozens of suspects were taken into custody during the operation.

Residents affected by the demolition claimed that the authorities acted without justification, arguing that the properties were legally purchased and occupied. In contrast, CDA officials maintained that the structures were illegal encroachments and that occupants had been instructed to vacate the land prior to the operation.

Officials said the confrontation escalated into riots, during which government vehicles were set on fire and personnel were attacked.

According to CDA data, approximately 60 kanals of land were recovered in the Noori Bagh operation. The authority added that a total of around 600 acres of land has been reclaimed in various parts of Islamabad so far, including areas such as Muslim Colony.

Meanwhile, Minister of State for Interior Talal Chaudhry said the government is proceeding “carefully but decisively” to eliminate illegal constructions across the capital. He confirmed that the CDA team was attacked while carrying out court-ordered evictions, leading to injuries among officials and damage to public property.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Why China Maintains a “Non-Interference” Policy in the Iran Conflict 

Fri Apr 17 , 2026
By Iftikhar Mashwani As tensions involving Iran continue to unsettle the Middle East, China has reaffirmed its long-standing policy of non-interference, choosing diplomatic restraint over direct involvement despite significant economic stakes in the region. Chinese officials have voiced concern over escalating instability and called for de-escalation, but Beijing has stopped […]