ISAMABAD -UNS: Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Imran Khan has claimed that Pakistan Peoples Party Co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari is behind his latest assassination bid — after the previous two attempts “failed”.
In a virtual press conference on Friday, Khan — who was ousted as the prime minister in April last year — said four people orchestrated a plan “behind closed doors” to assassinate him.
“I got to know about it and then I recorded my video explaining the attack. In a public rally, I announced that I would release the video if something were to happen to me. They stepped back after this.”
Without naming anyone again, Khan said that another plan was made to have me killed by a religious extremist — indicating towards the November 3, 2022, Wazirabad attack, where he was shot in the legs and is still recovering from the injuries.
“Now, there’s a Plan C. Asif Zardari is behind this. He has amassed a lot of money through corruption and he has invested that money in terrorists and hired a militant organisation.”
Khan claimed that “power agencies” were involved in this attempt. “I am [revealing] these names as my nation should know who were [behind] these attacks,” he said.
The ex-prime minister said that the nation should be aware of who was behind his assassination bid so “they cannot enjoy their lives after they have done this”.
“The nation is looking towards the judiciary as this is a decisive moment,” the PTI chief said, mentioning that since his ouster, several people have been unmasked.